Bowls Coordinator – part time
Wiseman Park Wollongong City Bowling Club has a family friendly atmosphere, with outdoor dining and an extensive bistro with very reasonable prices and superb cuisine.
We have 3 bowling greens and run social bowls competitions 5 days a week.
There are just over 100 competitive bowling members at the club and another 60 regular social bowlers.
We are know in the region as the home of Barefoot Bowls and host approx 7000 people annually. We have just introduced Glow Bowls after dark which is another avenue to introduce people to the game of lawn bowls.
To apply for this great role please send your resume to email@example.com
The Bowls Coordinator will be responsible for all bowls related activities including but not limited to:
The effective management, coordination and development of bowling activities at the Club for Men & Women.
• Recruitment and development of Bowlers
• Assist in Barefoot Bowls supervision & instruction
• Management of our Bowls Shop inventory
• Bowls facility management
• Bowls administration & Bowlslink
• Obtaining new, and working with current, sponsors
• Lifting the Bowls profile of the Club and increase bowls membership
• Developing and managing a junior program and activities
• Coordinating and managing tournaments
• Coordinate and manage all Club events
• Run weekly social bowls competitions
• Assisting with new and existing programs with the aim to increase participation in Bowls’
• Computer skills – Outlook, Word,Excel and BowlsLink
• Seek avenues for regular communication with Media, Bowls NSW, Local Sporting Groups, Schools and the Community.
• Develop a regular electronic communication with members using the Team App and inhouse facilities.
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
• Ability to write content and/or create social media posts to promote the club, bowls competitions and functions
• Ability to write content and/or create material for the club bowls website.
• Ability to promote the club for outside functions
• Working with Children qualification
• Knowledge of Work, Health & Safety legislation
• Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Previous experience in Bowls Administration
• Ability to work in a team
• Current Drivers Licence
• Thorough understanding of the game of Lawn Bowls
• A current National Bowls Coaching Accreditation will be highly regarded
Wiseman Park Wollongong City Bowling Club
How to apply?
Contact Mark Crossingham by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0424983771