Role Advertisement: ‘Executive Manager – Bowls’
Bowls NSW is seeking a professional, positive and outgoing person to join our team in the role of Executive Manager – Bowls! Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will lead and govern the delivery of the sport of bowls in New South Wales.
Interested in applying? Read more below on how to submit your application today! We encourage you to share this information with other individuals who may be interested in the role.
Executive Manager – Bowls
Core objectives include:
- Oversee the delivery of all BNSW sport events and activities
- Manage, lead, develop and motivate the Sport team
- In consultation with the State Match Committee, annually deliver the Sport Calendar
- In consultation with the CEO, develop the annual sport budget
- Engage with Clubs, Zones & District Executive members in a professional manner
- Maintain strong working relationships with Clubs, Zone and District administrators at all times
- Service the Match, Selection, Umpire and Junior Committees through strong administration and Governance
- Oversee the BowlsLink database and BowlsLink education program
- Deal with Member Protection issues appropriately
- Oversee the delivery of coaching and umpiring programs
- In consultation with BA State Pathways Managers and broader stakeholders, drive the NSW State Pathway programs
- Regularly engage with Regional Bowls Managers
- Refine and develop the State “Conditions Of Play” annually with the State Match Committee
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Strong understanding of the sport of lawn bowls
- Ability to embrace new technology
- Knowledge of lawn bowls’ laws & NSW Conditions Of Play
- Understanding of Bowls Club, Zone & District Governance
- Understanding of Membership based sporting organisations
- A developed network of contacts across Bowling Clubs, Zones & Districts
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Strong bowls experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Click here to view the full position description
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter of two pages maximum to email@example.com by 6pm, Sunday 26 February 2023.