Bowls NSW Update to Members
23 September 2022
Bowls NSW would like to provide an update to members on the current activity within Bowls NSW.
Firstly, we apologise for the delay in announcing the 2022-23 Single Gender State Pennant Finals venues. Host venues have been confirmed will be published to members later today (Friday 23rd September 2022).
The immediate focus of the Board is on the recruitment of a new CEO. The Board will share updates with members as they become available. The time is also right for the two director positions to be filled, and an EOI has been published to that effect.
The Board is also working with staff to develop the Operational Plan to coincide with the Bowls NSW Strategic Plan which will be released to members by 15th November 2022.
Our talented staff members are continuing to work hard, running the day-to-day operations of the sport within New South Wales. A major priority currently being worked through by staff is improving the reach of Bowls NSW direct communications to members.
Staff members are also focused on the following:
- Preparing an information package to be available for clubs wanting to unify at club level;
- Making the access to BowlsLink training easier and more readily available across NSW;
- Making arrangements for the Single Gender State Pennant Finals and the KENO Blues Sides to represent NSW at the Nationals;
- Finalising the Annual Report and preparing for the AGM;
- Preparing for the State O40s pairs Finals;
- Preparing for the State Mixed Pairs Qualifying and State Rookies Qualifying
The Bowls NSW Club Conference initially scheduled for October this year has been moved to early 2023, with a confirmed date to be announced shortly.
Bowls NSW will continue to keep members informed about any changes in our office as well as new and other focus areas as further updates become available.