Matt Goodwin Announces Resignation from Bowls NSW Board
Director Matt Goodwin has announced his resignation from the Board of Bowls NSW Ltd. Matt has expressed his pride in being able to serve on the Board of Bowls NSW Ltd, and having overseen the first year of unification as Chair of the Board he believes that now is the right time to tender his resignation.
Speaking about his time on the Board, Matt was appreciative of the experiences he had within his roles. “I enjoyed the work, the company, the challenges and most importantly the opportunity to contribute in whatever way possible to the future of lawn bowls. In doing so, I am grateful to have engaged with so many individual members and clubs, who we all know are at the heart of our great sport.”
Matt also stated that members can be confident in the future direction of the sport with the appointment of new Board Chair Dilys Kindleysides and Deputy Chair Brett Duprez.
Bowls NSW would like to sincerely thank Matt for his contributions to Bowls NSW Ltd, and we wish him and his family all the best in their future endeavours.
Matt Goodwin – Bio & Roles
- RNSWBA Deputy President and Director – President from 19/11/2021
- Career police officer having served in country and regional NSW, attaining commissioned officer rank of inspector (Retired).
- Qualifications in applied management, workplace health and safety. Vast experience in community engagement, human resource management, systems compliance and extensive investigative background.
- Previously held positions of Zone 4 State Councillor, Chairman of Zone 4 Match Committee and have held executive positions across community, sporting, social and school committees over the past 30 years
- RNSWBA Board of Directors (4 years). Served as Deputy President from 19/9/2019. Term commenced as President 19/11/21.
- Inaugural Bowls NSW Limited Chair since 31 May 2021.