Pathways Coach NSW/ACT – Contract Position
Pathways Coach NSW/ACT- Contract position through to 30 June 2022
Bowls Australia (BA) is the national sporting organisation responsible for the leadership, development and management of Bowls in Australia. They are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary board that provides the strategic direction for the sport and the strategies that are implemented by the staff at the national office. BA’s members are the nine state and territory bowls associations. There are over 1,870 clubs and over 640,000 participants nationwide. BA is affiliated with World Bowls, the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Commonwealth Games Australia where it is a core sport in the Commonwealth Games held every four years.
With great support from the AIS Performance Pathways Program, BA are looking for coaches to join the BA High Performance team as a Pathways Coach. These coaches will be working with athletes who are potential Emerging athletes on the BA Player Pathway. This is an opportunity to work with athletes who are striving to represent Australia at future Commonwealth Games, World Bowls Championships and other international events.
As this a jointly funded position between Bowls Australia and WBNSW, BNSW and BACT, it also has responsibilities with WBNSW, BNSW and BACT in their High Performance programs.
The Pathway Coach will be responsible for:
- Case management of Emerging and Parasport Jackaroos (NSW/ACT) and WBNSW/BNSW/BACT squad members.
- Engage with the Pathways Manager, WBNSW/BNSW/BACT representatives to monitor and influence the daily performance environment for identified athletes.
- Design and implement a high performance training plan that includes group and individual sessions, integrated into the athlete’s overall competition calendar.
- Establish a recognised pathway for coaches within NSW/ACT under High Performance banner.
- Provide advanced technical coaching for the identified athletes.
- Work with the Pathways Manager, HP Manager and National Coach to oversee the delivery of best practice support services to athletes in the critical areas of sport science, sport medicine, strength and conditioning and athlete wellbeing.
- Liaison with other BA, NSW and ACT coaches and selectors.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, promote National Team values, resolve issues, and deliver quality HP outcomes.
- Report on a regular basis to the Joint Management Committee (JMC).
To be successful in this role you need to meet the following criteria:
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of bowls at a state, national and international level.
- Minimum coaching accreditation of Club Coach.
- Proven experience developing elite athletes, including devising and implementing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and lead an effective high performance program.
- Understanding of performance analysis programs and tools.
- Technology skills – computer: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Skype. Video camera and video editing skills are also desirable.
- Current WWC check.
- Tertiary qualifications in coaching or related field (desirable).
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) to liaise with a wide range of people including athletes, service providers, management etc.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated networking skills to develop, maintain and improve partnerships, networks and client relationships.
- Understanding of the concepts and proven ability to integrate sports science, sports medicine and technological advancements into elite training programs.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as an active participant in a team.
- Prepared to travel interstate; work weekends and non-traditional hours as required.
The role will be part time contract position through to 30 June 2022. The role will be home office based, with coaching taking place in various venues and locations. Working hours will be approximately two days per week, but flexible based on demand and events.
BA are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience they are looking for.
Applications close 5pm – 7th May 2021.
To apply, or for more information, email: email@example.com